UNESCO has Begun a Procedure for the Election of a New Director General
In Paris today, a session of the UNESCO Executive Board will be held at the center of which will be the launch of the UN's Director-General for Education, Science and Culture.
The selection of candidates will begin on 9 October and the vote will be by secret ballot. The winner must be supported by 30 of the 58 members of the board and then approved by the 195 members of the UNESCO General Assembly.
The session of the organization's executive body must end on October 18th.
According to the TASC, nine nominations have been officially issued, including Azerbaijan, Vietnam, Guatemala, Egypt, Iraq, Qatar, China, Lebanon and France.
The selected candidate will become the successor of the Bulgarian Irina Bokova, elected as General Director in 2009 and re-elected for the second term in 2013.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 576 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv hit the HQ of Russia's Black Sea Fleet in Crimea
- » Day 575 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Deputy Commander of the Russian Northern Fleet Killed in Nagorno-Karabakh
- » Bashar Assad and his Wife arrived in China
- » Protests in Armenia after the Peace Agreement in Nagorno-Karabakh
- » Mine Blew Up a Ship off the Coast of Romania?
- » Derna: Maddened by Grief and Anger, Libyans Burned Down the Mayor's home