From Today the Minimum Pension Becomes BGN 200
From this month, 824 thousand pensioners will receive a higher pension with an average rise of 17 BGN. The minimum pension for old age is 200 BGN, reports Sega.
This is the second increase of pensions for this year, agreed between GERB and their coalition partners.
Thus, 724,000 pensioners who now take less than BGN 200 will receive a different increase to reach the new minimum amount. These include minimum disability and hereditary pensions. Separately another 100 thousand widow's supplements will increase.
With this increase, nearly 38% of the elderly in Bulgaria will now receive the minimum pension. The minimum retirement and old age pension is also granted to people who do not have paid contributions even for a minimum amount, but the NSSI is providing the equivalent of the pension. However, people with a real contribution to the system received only one increase - 2.4% from July.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: By the End of May 7,000 Ukrainian Refugees will be Moved from Varna to other Cities
- » Employee of a Funeral Agency is Detained in Relations to the 7 Bodies found near Sofia
- » Half of Bulgarian Hotels will let Ukrainian Refugees Stay for the Foreseeable Future
- » Exactly 100 New Cases of COVID-19 have been Registered in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: 7 Bodies were Found close to a Cemetery near Bankya
- » About 100,000 Refugees remain in Bulgaria