Bulgarian Minister of Defense Wants Foreign Financing of Religious Communities to be Banned
Bulgarian Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense Krasimir Karakachanov has told journalists in parliament that funding of religious communities, organizations and religious denominations in Bulgaria from abroad should be banned, reported BGNES.
Thus, according to him, the funding received through foundations by various radical elements in this country would be limited.
He also believes that it is appropriate to license the Higher Muslim Institute in Bulgaria and the staff who are preparing for the Muslim faith in Bulgaria to study under a program approved and supervised by the Ministry of Education.
The Defense Minister has offered that a forum on the issue should be organized by the end of October with the participation of representatives of the prosecution, the special services, State Agency for National Security as well as the Ministry of Interior.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The List of Weapons that Bulgaria will provide to Ukraine is ready
- » Lockheed Martin: The first Bulgarian F-16 Fighter jet is already being Assembled
- » The Most Cyberattacks against Bulgaria come from Russia
- » The Bulgarian Parliament ratified the Contract for the Acquisition of 8 more F-16 Fighter Jets
- » President Radev: Bulgaria actively participates in all NATO exercises in the Black Sea Region
- » Bulgaria’s Defense Minister on Military Aid to Ukraine: We cannot provide the S-300