French Socialists Sell their Headquarters in Paris
The French Socialist Party sells its headquarters in Paris at auction, Parisian daily reported.
This is an office of 3000 sq. m. building on Solferino Street, purchased during the Francois Mitterrand in 1980. The property is valued at about EUR 40 million. At the last presidential election, socialist candidate Benoit Hamon won just over 6 percent of votes,leaving him fifth in the race. This drastically shrinked the subsidy for the party by between EUR 7 million and EUR 25 million a year, the newspaper said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Socialists Win Local Elections in Portugal Despite Surprise Defeat in Lisbon
- » Social Democrats win German Parliamentary Elections, ahead of Merkel's Conservatives
- » Delegation of European Parliament on Official Visit to Bulgaria
- » Low Danube LevelHinders Navigation at Bulgarian Section of River
- » Bulgarian Police Intercept Illegal Gold Sluicing along the Struma River
- » Taliban Set to Resume Execuions in Afghanistan