Around 600,000 People Visited Octoberfest so far
About 600,000 people visited Octoberfest on the first weekend of this year's Beer Festival in Munich, DPA reported, referring to the organizers.
The agency notes that this data shows that worries about low attendance because of the fear of a possible terrorist attack is not present. Octoberfest's attendance during the first two days is higher than last year, when half a million visitors arrived.
During the first weekend of the beer festival in the Bavarian capital, 11 whole oxes were eaten - two more than last year.
The fears of terrorism have led the authorities to take new security measures. Entry with rucksacks and large bags is forbidden, and around the complex is a raised fence.
- » The UK Supreme Court Is Debating whether Boris Johnson's Decision to Suspend Parliament's Work Is Legitimate
- » Putin, Erdogan and Rouhani Discussed the Future of Syria
- » The Nomination of Lagarde for President of the ECB Will be Voted Today
- » Tens of Thousands of Workers in the US Strike against General Motors
- » More than 30% Increase in Migrants in Greece since the Beginning of the Year
- » Russia to Introduce a Four-Day Workweek?