Sofia will Limit the Speed of Cars in the City Center to 30 km/h
Sofia municipality plans to introduce a speed limit on the movement of cars in the center of Sofia to 30 km h. The proposal was accepted by the Committee on Transport, reports Sega.
The restriction will be introduced in the area between the Alabin and Lege streets and the boulevards Hristo Botev and Vasil Levski. This will be the so-called. a "relaxed area" for movement, with bicycle lanes built in the box. The constraint will not cover the boulevards themselves, but only the small streets of the area. Bicycle lanes will also be built on the Ovcha Kupel and Montevideo boulevards.
The idea of introducing a speed limit in the center of Sofia is part of the measures in the Sofia Municipality's program for air quality control, which was adopted in April.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Prime Minister Pledges Average Wage in Bulgaria to Be at Least BGN 2,000
- » Bulgaria’s President: US Senate’s Slashing Criticism Is Warning Signal to Our Establishment
- » Bulgaria: Road Police Launches New 3-Day Traffic Safety Operation
- » Bulgarian Parliament Says No to Russian Vaccine
- » US Secretary of State Congratulates Bulgarians on National Liberation Day
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Warm Today, Rain and Snow on Saturday