Bulgarian Defense Minister: 'There is No Concrete Threat to Bulgaria'
Defense Minister Krassimir Karakachanov said there is no concrete threat to Bulgaria, but pointed out that tensions exist in some regions of Europe. He is convinced that it can only be resolved on the path of dialogue and recalled that Europe has a common enemy - the radical Islam.
''It is worth to note the opposition that exists in Ukraine, as well as the tensions between Russia on the one hand and the EU and NATO on the other, "the Defense Minister further said, reported BGNES.
However, he does not see any sense in taking any extraordinary measures. "Bulgaria takes the necessary measures through the preparation of its specialized forces. I do not see the sense of taking extraordinary measures'', he added.
- » Bulgarian PM: The Presence of Russian Ships During our Black Sea Military Drills is Normal
- » NATO Continues Maritime Exercise in Bulgaria
- » PM Borissov: The F-16 Fighting Falcons Should Be Paid Immediately
- » Parliament’s Defence Committee Approved Contracts with the US for F-16 Aircrafts
- » NATO: The United States has About 150 Nuclear Bombs in Europe
- » U.S. Joins 11 NATO Allies for Breeze 2019 Maritime Exercise in Bulgaria