Tsunami Warning as Magnitude 8 Earthquake Strikes Mexico
An earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 8 has struck off Mexico's southern coast, the United States Geological Survey (USGS) said, reported ITV.
A tsunami warning has been issued for Pacific coasts of several Central American countries.
The USGS said the quake's epicentre was 102 miles west of Tapachula in southern Chiapas state not far from Guatemala, and had a depth of 22 miles.
The US Tsunami Warning System said waves were possible within the next three hours for Mexico, Guatemala, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Panama, Honduras and Ecuador. There was no tsunami threat for the U.S. West Coast.
There was no tsunami threat for the US West Coast.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Dangerously Windy today as well
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Even Windier Today
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Yellow Code for Strong Winds in Three Regions
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Hot on the First Day of Autumn
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Morning Fog and Afternoon Rain Today
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny with Rain only in the Mountains