More Than 100 Migrants Rescued From Sea off Crete
A Singapore-flagged tanker on Tuesday morning rescued 103 migrants on board a wooden boat off the coast of Crete after one of the passengers issued a distress call on the European 112 hotline, Ekathimerini writes.
The Rhino helped all of the passengers of the troubled boat on board after a Frontex aircraft located the vessel, according to the ANA-MPA news agency. It was one of five vessels in the vicinity that responded to the call for help.
The migrants are being transported to the port city of Iraklio.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The European Liberals declared for the simultaneous acceptance of Bulgaria, Romania and Croatia in Schengen
- » European Commission: Soon we will be able to Talk on the Phone and use the Internet during a Flight
- » Bulgaria’s Vice President: The Netherlands gave the best Christmas present to all Eurosceptics
- » Bulgarian MEP: Western countries are showing Hypocrisy and Duplicity by denying us Entry into Schengen
- » The Netherlands has decided to Block the admission of Bulgaria into the Schengen area
- » Brussels proposes 5 years in prison for violating European Sanctions