Construction of 6-km Stretch of 'Struma' Motorway Will Begin Today
The construction of Struma motorway between the towns of Blagoevgrad and Krupnik in southwestern Bulgaria will be launched this week, the regional development ministry said on Thursday, reported bTV.
The total length of the new route will be 12 kilometers. The value of the construction contract is nearly BGN 140 million excluding VAT. Big part of the money is from European funds.
The construction of a section of Struma motorway, connecting the towns of Sandanski and Kresna, is progressing according to the initial schedule and is due to be completed next year, the ministry said in a statement.
Bulgaria also plans to relaunch a BGN 250 million ($150.7 million/128 million euro) tender for the construction of Zheleznitsa tunnel on Struma motorway this week, the statement reads. The initial tender procedure for the construction of Zheleznitsa tunnel was cancelled in April.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Large and Medium Enterprises in Bulgaria have Resumed their Activities
- » Bulgarian Minister of Transport: There are Currently No 5G Networks in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria’s Energy and Water Regulatory Commission: Half of the Water Companies did not Met the Requirements for Quality of Water
- » Bulgaria's Health Minister: The Shopping Centers Will Be Opened Last
- » Newly-Registered Unemployed in Bulgaria is 72,000
- » Retail Chains will be Obliged to sell Bulgarian Foodstuffs