Boris Johnson: the 'Bill' for Brexit is Highly Overestimated
British Foreign Minister Boris Johnson believes the so-called "bill" for Breckit is highly overestimated by Brussels, he said in an interview with the BBC.
"The amount I have seen appears to be overvalued, we will certainly fulfill our obligations, but after the bill is calculated, we will pay no more or less money," he said, according to British media, London is ready to pay the EU up to EUR 40 billion but Brussels expects to receive between EUR60 and EUR100 billion from the UK. In the referendum on UK membership in the EU, which took place on 23 June last year, Brexit supporters won 51.9% against 48,1%. On 29 March, Prime Minister Teresa May officially notified Brussels of the launch of the biennial procedure for the EU exit order, which should end by the end of March 2019.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian PM: Bulgaria is a Sovereign State. Russia should De-Escalate
- » Russia's Foreign Ministry: NATO forces Must be Withdrawn from Bulgaria and Romania
- » Spain has sent Warships to the Black Sea and is Preparing Fighter Jets for Bulgaria
- » President of North Macedonia: Kiril Petkov is a Non-Traditional Politician and Optimist in Politics
- » Bulgarian President Rumen Radev and VP Iliana Yotova were Sworn In for their Second Term
- » Bulgarian PM on North Macedonia: In a Few Days we Achieved more than in Recent Years