Forest Fire at Kresna Gorge Continues to Rage, Residents Evacuated
The situation with the forest fire in the area of Kresna Gorge, South-West of Bulgaria, remains complicated in the late hours on 24th of August, reported BNT.
More than 6,000 decares of coniferous and broad-leaved trees have been destroyed by the fire. Residents of the villages of Oshtava and Senokos have been evacuated.
The fire has been raging for several hours near the villages of Mechkul, Stara Kresna and Oshtava.
Despite the full mobilization of human resources, specialized firefighting equipment and fire engines, the fire continues to rage.
Bulgaria’s Interior Minister Valentin Radev and the Chief of Fire Safety and Protection Directorate General Nikolai Nikolov arrived at the scene.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny with Max. Temperatures between 6°C and 11°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny with Max. Temperatures between 1°C and 6°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Windy and cold with max. temperatures between 1°C and 6°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Yellow Code for strong wind is in force for 27 districts in the country
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Cloudy with Max. Temperatures between 3°C and 8°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Lowest Temp. in the Country was Measured in Kyustendil -10 °C