Eight People are Missing after a Landslide in Switzerland
The incident occurred near Bergdorf Bondo, on the border between Italy and Switzerland
Eight people are missing after a landslide in Switzerland, according to the regional newspaper "Die Basler Zeitung", quoted by the Focus Agency.
As reported by local authorities, eight citizens of Switzerland, Germany and Austria have disappeared after a massive rocky slump near Bergdorf Bondo, located on the border between Italy and Switzerland. Six of them are already officially declared missing by their relatives.
A helicopter of the Swiss Army was also activated in the search operation. The authorities will provide information on its course at a special press conference scheduled for Thursday afternoon.
Meanwhile, traffic on the main road in the area remains blocked. It is specified that there are affected homes as a result of the mountain incident. Earlier, an evacuation in Bergdorf Bondo was ordered, the editorial recalls.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » World Bee Day - Opportunity to Discuss the Challenges of Bee Preservation and Activities for their Survival
- » The European Court of Justice has Sued Bulgaria for its Air Quality
- » Earth Day 2022: Saving the Planet
- » Bulgaria’s Recovery and Sustainability Plan has been finally approved by Brussels
- » Orange Code for Stormy and Strong Winds in Bulgaria
- » Svilengrad on its Way to Becoming the First Bulgarian Zero Waste Certified City