Today Bulgaria honors the Memory of the Dead Doctors and Medics
At a ceremony in front of the Monument of the Fallen Medics in Sofia, representatives of the state, the Medical Union, the Red Cross and the trade unions honoured the memory of all doctors, nurses, policemen, volunteers and citizens who were killed while saving human lives, reported '24 Chasa' Newspaper.
The day has been officially celebrated since August 15, 2012, but was announced as early as 2005 at the initiative of the editor-in-chief of the ‘’Bulgarian Doctor’’ Newspaper.
On August 15, 1963, Only 26-year-old Dr. Stefan Cherkezov rescues 47 people from a burning bus. The next day he has died of his wounds. Since 2004, in many hospitals are honouring all the medics who have died in the course of their duty.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 316 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Exactly 100 New Cases of COVID-19 have been Registered in Bulgaria
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 293 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Belgium has introduced Quarantine for Monkeypox
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 96 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » WHO has data on 92 Cases of Monkeypox from 12 Non-Endemic Countries