Starts the 2nd Day of the Historic Visit of the Bulgarian Delegation to Macedonia
Today is the second day of the historic visit of the Bulgarian delegation to Macedonia.
After the signing of the Friendship, Cooperation and Neighborhood Treaty yesterday, Prime Minister Boyko Borisov and the other Bulgarian representatives will put wreaths in front of Gotse Delchev's grave in the church of St. Spas in Skopje.
The occasion is the 114th anniversary of the outbreak of the Ilindensko-Preobrazhenie uprising, which is a national holiday of Macedonia.
After 18 years of diplomatic efforts, Bulgaria and Macedonia signed a historic pact yesterday, recognizing their common history.
The moods in Macedonia are controversial. The treaty has many opponents there, as probably in Bulgaria.
The key issue remains whether the treaty will be ratified in the Macedonian Parliament or not.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Foreign Ministry will Demand the Access of Bulgarian Citizens to North Macedonia to be Ensured
- » A Visit of a Bulgarian Theater Production was Canceled in North Macedonia
- » Provocation after Provocation: Macedonians will Block Roads for Bulgarians Heading to Gotse Delchev's Grave
- » North Macedonia’s Foreign Minister: Bulgarian Clubs should Change their Names
- » Bulgaria’s MFA summons the Macedonian Ambassador because of the Beating of a Bulgarian in Ohrid
- » In 2022, Bulgaria declared 84 Russian Officials as Persona Non Grata