Source of Radiation Found in Varna
A source of radiation was found in a resident building in Varna in a garage near "Slivnitsa" Blvd, according to bTV.
After the control check by the authorities, the material which is stored in a box was identified.
According to the witnesses, the material is iridium 192, in a depleted uranium container. No elevated norms were established outside the premises.
The police have told FOCUS News Agency that the authority that can determine how to store, under what conditions and who can store or carry such materials and substances, and what they are, is the Nuclear Agency Regulation. The Competent Authority is notified immediately.
Hristo Chukachev explains that this material has been here for years and people around have been exposed without knowing.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Car Crash on the Ring Road in Sofia, One Person confirmed Dead
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 269 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 748 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 162 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgarian Border Guards rescued 38 Refugees in the Black Sea, including a Baby
- » Bulgaria’s Independence Day: No Lights for the Soviet Monuments and in Protest against Russia