Source of Radiation Found in Varna
A source of radiation was found in a resident building in Varna in a garage near "Slivnitsa" Blvd, according to bTV.
After the control check by the authorities, the material which is stored in a box was identified.
According to the witnesses, the material is iridium 192, in a depleted uranium container. No elevated norms were established outside the premises.
The police have told FOCUS News Agency that the authority that can determine how to store, under what conditions and who can store or carry such materials and substances, and what they are, is the Nuclear Agency Regulation. The Competent Authority is notified immediately.
Hristo Chukachev explains that this material has been here for years and people around have been exposed without knowing.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » “Thracian Secret Societies” available in English and Bulgarian for All the History Buffs
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 801 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Woman, Life, Freedom... Protest in front of the Iranian embassy in Sofia
- » Bulgaria is First in the EU in Mortality from Cardiovascular Diseases
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 752 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Top 5 Most Useful Apps for Travelling Internationally