Bulgarian President Meets with Romanian Counterpart Klaus Iohannis
The presidents of Bugaria and Romania Rumen Radev and Klaus Iohannis dicussed the two countries’ plans of joining the Schengen area, as well as joint energy projects.
Rumen Radev, who is playing an official visit to Romania, welcomed the fact that Romania’s military spending has reached 2% of its GDP, as recommended by NATO.
The two presidents also discussed the fight against corruption and the reform in the judiciary.
Nothing that the Romanian model of battling corruption has proved its effectiveness, President Radev commented that Bulgaria cannot copy a given model directly but can and must take into account some guiding principles.
President Klaus Iohannis declared that Romania was ready to share its experience in the fight against corruption with Bulgaria.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Speaker of Parliament: North Macedonia should Not Waste Time but should fulfill the Criteria for EU Membership
- » Bulgaria’s MFA on Kovachevski's words: Any Analogy with the Suffering of the Ukrainian people is Cynical and Inadmissible
- » Bulgaria’s Foreign Minister urged India to influence Russia to End the War against Ukraine
- » North Macedonia explained why a Bulgarian MEP was not allowed to enter the country
- » The Macedonian MFA: Bulgarian MEP Kovachev does not meet the Conditions for Entry into the Country
- » North Macedonia did not allow a Bulgarian MEP to enter the country