Andrey Kovachev, CEDB/EPP: Guarantee for citizen security – main challenge at Brussels summit
A main challenge at the summit in Brussels is giving a guarantee for the security of citizens, MEP Andrey Kovachev from Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria (CEDB/GERB), EPP, told FOCUS Radio’s Good Morning Bulgaria.
This could be done, he said, through a stronger collaboration between European security services, exchange of intelligence information, investments in defence, and even the creation of a European army.
Regarding the idea of Prime Minister Boyko Borisov about a collective membership of the EU in NATO, Kovachev explained it is about complementing capacity and responsibilities between countries in NATO, which he called a strong European defence pillar in NATO. It could also be a response to US criticism that Europe is doing little about its defence./FOCUS News Agency/
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Vestbee launches New Program to Support Cleantech Startups
- » Bulgarian Finance Minister: Next Year the Minimum Wage should become BGN 940
- » Trump: I will be Arrested on Tuesday! Go out to Protest!
- » Despite the High Prices of Eggs in Bulgaria - They are Still the Cheapest in the EU
- » TME catalogue now includes Murata and Murata Power Solutions Products
- » Bulgarian Grain producers Sell below Cost: We are no longer talking about Profit, but about Smaller Losses