Secretary General Commends Bulgaria’s Contributions to NATO
NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg praised Bulgaria’s contributions to NATO in talks with the Deputy Prime Minister for Judicial Reform and Minister of Foreign Affairs, Ekaterina Zaharieva, on Tuesday, according to the North Atlantic Treaty Organization's website.
Welcoming Minister Zaharieva to NATO headquarters for the first time since her appointment, the Secretary General thanked her for Bulgaria’s strong contributions to NATO missions in Afghanistan and Kosovo, as well as its support to partners, including Ukraine. Calling Bulgaria “a highly valued Ally”, the Secretary General welcomed Sofia’s plans for increased investments in defence.
Mr. Stoltenberg and Ms. Zaharieva also discussed Black Sea security and the importance of cooperation between NATO and the European Union. They discussed preparations for the meeting of NATO leaders on 25 May, where burden sharing and NATO’s role in the fight against terrorism will top the agenda.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria and Czech Republic Probe into Arms Depots Blasts Together
- » New Procedure to Be Launched for Electing Six Bulgarian EU Delegated Prosecutors
- » Laura Kövesi: Bulgaria Must Deliver on Agreement with EPPO and Appoint Six more Delegated Prosecutors
- » Bulgaria’s Caretaker Foreign Minister Participates in Berlin Process Video Summit
- » Bulgaria Will Pay Tens of Millions Euro Annually in Plastic Tax – "For the Earth" NGO
- » Eurostat: Bulgaria’s Infant Mortality Rate Third-Highest in EU