MPs Observe a Minute’s Silence in Memory of the Victims From the Batak Massacre
The MPs observed a minute’s silence today in memory of the victims of the Batak massacre in the times of Ottoman domination in Bulgaria.
‘’141 years ago, one of the biggest tragedies in the country’s history was played out in Batak. The people of Batak joined the April uprising, an expression of the nation’s will to be free and equal to all other European nations. May the memory of the martyrs live on’’, said National Assembly President Dimitar Glavchev.
In a declaration on behalf of the United Patriots Volen Siderov expressed the hope that the MPs are mature enough to adopt a draft condemning the genocide against Bulgarians in the Ottoman Empire.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Extraordinary Measures: Bulgaria Proposes Lockdown, Closes Schools, Restaurants, Malls
- » Sofia Ranks 13th by Air Pollution in the World
- » First Snow Will Fall over Bulgaria on 21 November
- » Bulgaria: BSP Proposes Progressive Income Tax and 10% Tax Rate for Incomes up to BGN 3,900
- » LIVE, Health Minister of Bulgaria: Either We Observe the Measures or Move to Stricter Ones
- » Bulgaria: BGN 15,000 Fine for Hiding Incomes Abroad