Emmanuel Macron to be Sworn in as French President
Tight security is in place across Paris for the inauguration of Emmanuel Macron as France's president, BBC reports.
Mr Macron, an independent, won a resounding victory in last weekend's second round of voting against the far-right candidate Marine Le Pen.
The former investment banker had never contested an election before and only formed his centrist political movement a year ago.
Mr Macron takes over from outgoing President Francois Hollande.
Hundreds of extra police will be on patrol across the French capital while the ceremony is conducted at the Elysee Palace, the president's official residence.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » MEPs Rally in Vienna Against Austria's Schengen Block on Bulgaria and Romania
- » Bulgaria's Air Schengen Inclusion Nears Amid Constitutional Changes
- » Mixed Sentiments: Euro's High Approval Amid Croatian Skepticism"
- » EU Financial Commissioner McGuinness Embarks on Crucial Visit to Bulgaria
- » EU Commissioner Asserts Rigorous Criteria for Bulgaria’s Eurozone Entry
- » Schengen Decision for Bulgaria: Awaited Call Delayed Again