Talat Xhaferi is Now Officially Chair of Macedonian Parliament
Skopje’s State Gazette has published the decision for the election of Talat Xhaferi as a new chair of the Macedonian parliament, quoted by BNR.
After Xhaferi’s election on April 27 by MPs of the Social Democrats and the Albanian formations, turmoil occurred inside the building of the national assembly with over 100 MPs, administration employees, police and journalists injured.
The VMRO-DPMNE party says the election was illegal. Large-scale protests, organized by the For a United Macedonia civic movement have been insisting on new early elections and a census for 71 days now.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Serbia Bolsters Border Security, Plans Increased Police Presence along Bulgaria Border
- » Skopje's Diplomatic Tangle: Blinken and Gabriel Depart as Lavrov Arrives
- » EU's Borrell Urges North Macedonia's Constitutional Amendment Completion
- » Serbian President: Bulgarians are Resentful because We are More Popular in North Macedonia
- » Ethnic Inclusion Debate: Macedonian Court Supports Rights for Bulgarian Minority
- » North Macedonia's Opposition Contemplates Scrapping Bulgarian Agreement