World Press Freedom Day Marked Today
On May 3, according to a decision by the UN General Assembly of 1993, we mark the World Press Freedom Day, cited by BNR.
This year, the Union of Bulgarian Journalists celebrates the day with a conference under the slogan ‘’Fredoom depends on you!’’ Just a few days ago it became known that Bulgaria ranked at the lowest place among all EU countries in the annual rating of ‘’Reporters without Borders’’ on freedom of speech.
Bulgaria placed 109th out of a total of 180 countries.
The first places are occupied by Norway, Sweden and Finland. The last three are occupied by Turkmenistan, Eritrea and North Korea is at the bottom.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Euractiv: Bulgaria Mulls Withdrawing AstraZeneca Jab
- » Istanbul Convention - Symbol of Cultural Division of Europe
- » William and Harry Won't Be Shoulder-to-Shoulder at Prince Philip Funeral
- » India Becomes Centre of Coronavirus Pandemic with Record High Numbers
- » Violin Virtuoso Gidon Kremer to Present Two Programs in Sofia Bulgaria Hall
- » Henley Passport Index 2021 Published, Bulgaria’s Passport Ranks 16th