US Submarine Arrives in South Korea as Tensions Rise
A US submarine has arrived in South Korea, amid worries of another North Korean missile or nuclear test.
The missile-armed USS Michigan is set to join an incoming group of warships led by aircraft carrier Carl Vinson, BBC reported.
North Korea is celebrating its army's 85th founding anniversary on Tuesday. It has previously marked similar occasions with missile tests.
Tensions have risen on the Korean peninsula in recent weeks as the US and North Korea exchange heated rhetoric.
Meanwhile in an unusual event, the entire US Senate has been asked to attend a briefing on North Korea on Wednesday at the White House.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Putin: Nazi Germany Wanted to Exterminate and Enslave Soviet People
- » Slovenian FM Sides with Skopje against Bulgaria, Requesting EU "action" for Western Balkans Enlargement
- » EU Council of Foreign Ministers Agrees New Sanctions on Lukashenko
- » Discover: Northern Areas of Pakistan – a Heaven on Earth
- » UK Reports over 11,000 COVID-19 Cases in 24 hrs, First Time in four Months
- » New York Celebrates End of Covid Restrictions with Fireworks