It Is Saint Thomas Sunday
The Octave Day of Easter is marked by the Eastern Orthodox Church today, named Saint Thomas Sunday.
It commemorates the event of the Holy Apostle Thomas’ touching the wounds of Christ.
The Christian calendar says that today was the day when the resurrected Jesus Christ appeared before his disciples. In Bulgaria the week after Easter’s is called Bright and on this day the end of the festive cycle occurs.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » “Thracian Secret Societies” available in English and Bulgarian for All the History Buffs
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 801 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Woman, Life, Freedom... Protest in front of the Iranian embassy in Sofia
- » Bulgaria is First in the EU in Mortality from Cardiovascular Diseases
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 752 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Top 5 Most Useful Apps for Travelling Internationally