President Rumen Radev: Armed Forces at Turning Point
In speech for the 105th anniversary of the G.S Rakovski Military Academy in Sofia President Rumen Radev said that the armed forces in Bulgaria are at a turning point in their development due to political short sightedness, systematic lack of enough financing and campaign-based manner of work, BNR reported.
The president recalled that according to the latest report of the Ministry of Defense, the armed forces are in a position to only partially carry out their tasks on missions entailing from constitutional duties for guaranteeing the security, sovereignty and territorial integrity of the country.
‘’To counter the negative trends the state leadership takes proper measures; financing has already been provided for important projects and Bulgaria will firmly follow the policy of reaching 2% in defence spending from the GDP, 20% of which is to be earmarked for investments’’, the head of state also said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: 5,216 Retired Soldiers Work in the Army
- » Bulgarian Defense Minister: The Council of Ministers has No Position on the Conflict in Ukraine
- » Bulgaria: 43 Afghans Detained in a Minibus
- » Bulgarian President: More transparency in Procedures for the Supply of Defense Equipment
- » Three Times more Refugees Passed through Bulgaria in 2021
- » 18 years Since the Attack on the Bulgarian Base in Karbala, Iraq