Turkey Says Chemical Weapons Used in Syria Attack
Turkey said on Thursday the autopsies of three Syrians killed in an attack in rebel-held northwestern Syria confirmed that chemical weapons had been used by President Bashar al-Assad's regime, AFP reported.
"Autopsies were carried out on three of the bodies after they were brought from Idlib. The results of the autopsy confirms that chemical weapons were used," Justice Minister Bekir Bozdağsaid, quoted by state-run Anadolu news agency.
"This scientific investigation also confirms that Assad used chemical weapons," Bozdağ added, without giving further details. Thirty-two injured Syrians were brought to southern Turkey for medical treatment but three of them died in hospital.
- » India: Newborn Survives after it Was Buried Alive in a Clay Pot for Three Days
- » Syrian Kurdish Forces Have Regained Control of the City of Ras al-Ain
- » Michel Barnier: Reaching a Deal with UK - Still Possible
- » Turkey: The Military Operation will Continue until Terrorists Are Eliminated
- » Nepal and China Will Measure the Exact Height of Mount Everest
- » Typhoon Hagibis Death Toll Rises to 70