Turkey Announces End of Euphrates Shield in Syria
Turkish PM Binali Yıldırım has announced the end of the military operation Euphrates Shield in neighbouring Syria, reported Reuters.
In an interview for NTV TV channel, the PM stated that the operation has been a success and has led to gaining full control of the city of al-Bab. He added that if a future Turkish military operation becomes necessary it will be under a different name.
Earlier, the Council for National Security of Turkey also confirmed the end of the operation.
Operation Euphrates Shield started on August 24, 2016. Its purpose was to clear the northern border regions of Syria from Islamic State and create a de fact zone free of terrorists.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 133 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russian Troops heading South, Sloviansk is the New Front line in Donbas
- » 47 Police Officers Injured during a Protest in North Macedonia against the French Proposal
- » Due to Good Economic Results, the EU will reduce the Recovery Plan for Bulgaria by a Billion EUR
- » Day 132 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia’s Offensive in the East Continues
- » The Macedonian Arsonist from Bitola burned the French Proposal, 4 Policemen Injured in Anti-Bulgarian Clashes
- » China will soon Take Over 90% of the Russian Electronics Market