Turkey Announces End of Euphrates Shield in Syria
Turkish PM Binali Yıldırım has announced the end of the military operation Euphrates Shield in neighbouring Syria, reported Reuters.
In an interview for NTV TV channel, the PM stated that the operation has been a success and has led to gaining full control of the city of al-Bab. He added that if a future Turkish military operation becomes necessary it will be under a different name.
Earlier, the Council for National Security of Turkey also confirmed the end of the operation.
Operation Euphrates Shield started on August 24, 2016. Its purpose was to clear the northern border regions of Syria from Islamic State and create a de fact zone free of terrorists.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 130 of the Invasion of Ukraine: The Last Bastion in the East may Fall
- » North Macedonia’s Foreign Minister: The Macedonian Language will become Official in the EU
- » Day 129 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv accused Russia of shelling Snake Island with Phosphorus Bombs
- » Google will Delete the Location of Women who visited Abortion Clinics in the US
- » NATO and the EU Fully Support Bulgaria after the Expulsion of 70 Russian Diplomats
- » Day 128 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Casualties in Odessa after Rocket Attack