Scottish Parliament Supports New Referendum on Independence
Deputies in the Parliament in Edinburgh voted in support of the initiative of the Scottish government for the holding of a new referendum on independence.
The Parliamentary majority which includes deputies from the Scottish National Party and the Scottish Party of the Greens voted in support of the government’s demand.
There were debates on the issue on March 21 and 22 which were supposed to end with a vote but these were cancelled due to the attacks on the Westminster Bridge.in London.
69 deputies voted “for” a new referendum, while 59 deputies from the Conservative and Labour parties and the Liberal Democrats Party voted “against”.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EU Plans to Create New Body to Fight Future Pandemics and Health Crises
- » Lithuania Stopped over 2000 Illegal Immigrants Entering EU on It's Border with Belarus
- » Poland to Ease Restrictions for Vaccinated
- » EU Will Recognize Covid certificates from Turkey, Ukraine and North Macedonia
- » After EU Foreign Ministers Meeting - Talks with Taliban Likely to Happen
- » Germany Zeroes in on Non-vaccinted Citizens to Avoid New Lockdowns