Amnesty International: 1/3 of Jailed Journalists Are Held in Turkey
The international non-governmental organisation Amnesty International has called on Turkey’s government to stop its repressions against the media and to release jailed journalists in the country, reported Voice of America, cited by Focus agency.
“At the moment, Turkey is jailing more journalists than any other country. One-third of all jailed journalists in the world are being held in Turkey,” stated an announcement by the organisation.
“These repressions must end. Journalists must be allowed to do their job because journalism is not a crime,” added Amnesty International.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Dramatic Increase in COVID-19 Infection in Balkan Countries
- » For the Serbian Patriarch, North Macedonia does not exist
- » Local Elections are being Held in North Macedonia
- » 44 Percent of Adults in North Macedonia have been Vaccinated
- » Protests and Political Instability in Slovenia Before EU-Western Balkans Summit
- » Entering North Macedonia will Require Vaccination Certificate Starting September 1