Measures Taken to Prevent Turkey Interference in Bulgarian Elections
Bulgarian caretaker PM Ognyan Gerdzhikov told the press that measures had been taken to prevent possible interference of Turkey in the election process in Bulgaria, quoted by BNR.
In his words, attempts on the part of Turkey for interference in all elections in the context of democracy including campaigning indirectly or not so indirectly in favor of certain political parties, have been seen in the recent years, and this time makes no difference.
According to Gerdzhikov, this time the needed measures have been taken to prevent such actions with a view to the forthcoming snap parliamentary elections on 26 March.
The prime minister recalled that the Turkish ambassador to Bulgaria had been summoned to the Foreign Ministry and had been given a warning that such practices should stop.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Temporary Shelter Home Opens Doors for Homeless in Bulgarian Town of Haskovo
- » Rosen Rapchev: Road Accidents in Bulgaria Decrease by Nearly 25%
- » Bulgarians Celebrate Saint Andrew’s Day, Young Girls Guess Whom They Will Marry
- » BGN 755 Million Allocated for Elderly Care under Reconstruction and Sustainability Plan
- » Bulgaria under Partial Lockdown from Tonight, 27 November
- » NCTC to Discuss Plan for Reconstruction and Sustainability Tomorrow, November 27