Data of All Persons Travelling Through Greece To Be Kept by Special Commission
The data of all persons who travel through Greece will be kept by a special commission including prosecutors, policemen and airline employees. The purpose is for authorities to have a data base of persons suspected of having links to jihadists.
When travelling through Greek airports and, later, ports, all data will be kept, including passport data, ticket number and direction of travel. According to experts, this will make it easier to detect forged passports as well.
Athens has already ordered state-of-the-art equipment for the operation of the special commission on combating crime and the tracking of persons with heavy sentences.
In order for the commission to operate, legal amendments are needed to the Law on Combating Organised Crime which permit the collection of personal data of passengers.
Comments in Greek media point out that the commission on personal data is being created under pressure from European countries and Washington.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Warsaw: We will Not Comply with the EU Declaration of the Rule of Law
- » European Leaders Attacked Poland at a Summit in Brussels
- » EU Commissioner for Health and Food Safety Supports Introduction of "Green Certificate" in Bulgaria
- » The Future of EU: Stronger Common European Policy and Creation of European Army?
- » The Arctic: MEPs Call for Peace and Reduction of Tensions in the Region
- » MEPs Push for Common EU Cyber Defense Capabilities