Bulgaria Joins International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance
The government of Bulgaria has approved the country's accession to the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance (IHRA), its press office says.
To date, Bulgaria is only one of the 11 observer states at the IHRA, which has as many as 31 member countries, the press service recalls.
The organization works to secure the political and societal support for education, remembrance and research dedicated to the Holocaust on a national and international level.„
The move comes 2 days before Bulgaria marks an anniversary since it saved thousands of Bulgarian Jews facing deportation to Nazi concentration camps during World War II, even though it failed to prevent thousands of others from Thrace and Macedonia from being sent there.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian MP: We have No Reason to Lift the Veto on North Macedonia
- » Bulgarian President: Our Language will continue to Unite us as a Nation
- » Bulgarian PM with School Memories: It was very Difficult for me to Learn Russian
- » The Pope to Bulgaria’s PM: Corruption is a Disease and You Can Eradicate it
- » Bulgaria – North Macedonia: No Progress in the Work of the Joint Historical Commission
- » Speaker of Parliament: Right now, Bulgaria is Not Preparing to Lift the Veto over North Macedonia