Three Bulgarian Police Officers Indicted over BGN 2.3 M Theft of Cigarettes
Bulgaria's prosecuting authority has indicted three police officers who allegedly stole hundreds of thousands of cigarette packs used as an evidence in an investigation.
The prosecution believes BGN 2.3 M worth of cigarettes were unlawfully taken by the police officers from an Interior Ministry-owned warehouse in north central Bulgaria.
Emil Hristov, Denislav Marinov and Ivan Damyanov allegedly committed the offense in 2014 which resulted in 367 218 smuggled packs of cigarettes missing from the warehouse.
The investigation they were used in as evidence was one into a purported smuggling case dating back to 2009.
The three will remain in custody for 72 hours, the prosecution says.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Ruja Ignatova is in the Top 10 of the FBI's Most Wanted
- » After the First 13 - Three more Illegally Buried Bodies found near Bankya
- » Teenagers Attacked and Robbed a Postal Worker in Parvomai
- » Bulgaria: 16 Arrested in Smolyan region - Most of them were British Citizens
- » A Suspect of Terrorism has been Detained in Bulgaria at the Request of Norway
- » A Bulgarian is among the 10 Most Wanted Criminals in Spain