Bulgaria, 3 Other NATO States 'Picked Russia to Defend Them if Threatened'
Bulgaria, Greece, Slovenia and Turkey "plumped for Russia" as their pick for defense partner if a threat emerged, according to a poll quoted by Bloomberg.
A multi-national Gallup poll published ahead of the Munich security conference "appeared to map out shifts in the post-Cold War security alliances which have come under renewed strain and scrutiny" under Donald Trump, according to the article.
Most countries polled by WIN/Gallup International chose the United States as their go-to defense partner.
Bulgaria and Greece seee their biggest security threat coming from Turkey, another NATO member, according to the poll.
Experts are quoted as saying the poll reflects a divide between the Orthodox Christian world and Western Christianity, with Bulgaria and Greece option for Russia (even though Slovenia and Romania are exceptions, in preferring Russia and the US respectively).
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Attendance in Person at Most Universities in Bulgaria
- » Volcano Erupts on Spain's Canary Island, Population Evacuated
- » So far, 1,627,049 People Have Been Counted by Filling in the Electronic Card
- » How Many are the Side Effects of Vaccines in the EU and the US?
- » Antivaxxers Attack Team of Mobile Vacination Site in Varna, Health Minister Condemns Act
- » Prof Vitanov: Peak of Forth Covid-19 Wave in Bulgaria Falls on October, Sofia is in Red Zone on Morbidity Map on