Bulgaria Ranks 47th in Economic Freedom Index
Bulgaria ranks 47th in the world in terms of economic freedom, showed a ranking of the American Heritage Foundation.
According to the ranking, Bulgaria ranks right behind Kosovo (46th) and ahead of Cyprus (48th).
The transition of our country to a more open and flexible economic system has been facilitated by the restructuring carried out, showed the index of economic freedom.
The competitive flat tax and the system of open trade, supported by a relatively effective regulatory frame, encourage the development of the growing private sector.
According to the analysis on Bulgaria, the management of public finances is also at a satisfactory level, while the levels of public debt continue to be among the lowest in the region and the budget deficit continues to decrease.
In spite of this, Heritage has made several criticisms with respect to insufficient institutional reforms which are especially necessary in spheres like judicial effectiveness and government integrity.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » New Bulgaria's Government Extends Deadline of Population Census
- » New Caretaker Government in Bulgaria: PM and Most Ministers Keep their Office
- » Bulgarian Black Sea Tourism Boasts 70% Growth This Summer
- » Foods Prices in Bulgaria Have Risen Steeply by End-Summer
- » Will Bugaia's New Government Raise Skopje's European Chances?
- » Gas Prices in Europe Reached $730 per 1,000 m3