Court Tells Election Commission to Register Barekov’s Party Under Name of His Choice
The Supreme Administrative Court has instructed the Central Election Commission (CEC) to register the party of European deputy Nikolay Barekov for the upcoming snap elections on March 26 with the name he chooses himself.
The chief magistrates found that his appeal against CEC’s opinion is legitimate. Earlier, members of CEC could not reach a 2/3 majority of votes in order to decide whether to register the party under its old name or its new one.
The appeal was fiiled by the political party Dvizhenie Prezaredi Balgariya (Movement Recharge Bulgaria) as the legal successor of Balgaria Bez Tsenzura (Bulgaria Without Censorship).
Via their decision on Wednesday, the chief magistrates return the file to CEC for a new ruling.
The decision is final.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Salary Increase of Bulgarian Police Officers Remains 15 Percent
- » UK Announces Biggest Military Investment since Cold War
- » Turkey Does Not Plan to Close Down Border with Bulgaria
- » PM Borissov: Bulgaria May Purchase Eight More F-16 Block 70 Aircrafts From Lockheed Martin
- » General Emil Tonev is the New Head of Bulgaria's National Service for Protection
- » Another 1,000 US Troops to be Send to Poland