EC: Audit of Euro Funds Not Complete, Funding Not Frozen
The European Commission confirmed on Tuesday that an audit of Bulgaria has been carried out in relation to the funds for science and education but specified that the report from the audit is not ready and funding has not been stopped, reported BTA.
“The Commission is in constant contact with Bulgarian authorities on the application of operational programmes. It is true that, at the moment, we are discussing with Bulgarian authorities Operational Programme Science and Education for Intelligent Growth. There was an audit. We will discuss on a bi-lateral basis the draft of the report from the audit,” stated the spokesperson of the institution at a press conference.
Last week, Bulgarian authorities received a letter from Brussels about violations under the programme which preceded the report.
The letter read that, because of violations, financial corrections will be implemented under 8 projects i.e. Bulgaria will lose funds.
The Education Ministry announced on Monday that, after the official publication of the audit, intermediate payments under projects, which have not started yet, will be frozen.
So far, Bulgaria has transferred BGN 39 M from the state budget under contracts signed.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria