Bulgaria's Sozopol Voted 6th in European Best Destinations Ranking
The Black Sea town of Sozopol has received the sixth-best result in the shortlist of the European Best Destinations 2017 ranking.
Sozopol, described in the ranking as "the oldest town in Bulgaria" (a title that can be attributed to Plovdiv, which came third last year) is also seen as a placce offering "a great diversity of landscapes and tourist opportunities", located "between cities and nature, tradition and modernity, mountains and sea."
"The city of Sozopol has harvested on social networks the highest number of positive comments from foreign travellers, amazed by the beauty of this seaside resort."
The competition included 20 destinations picked by the organization, of which the fifteen destinations which got the biggest number of votes are shown on the website.
Its ranking includes votes of travellers from more than 174 countries, who chose Porto as the European Best Destination 2017. The Portuguese city gets the title for the third time after 2012 and 2014.
Other shortlisted cities (apart from Sozopol) include Milan, Gdansk, Athens, San Sebastian, Vienna, Stari Grad, Basel, Rotterdam, Rome, Madrid, Paris, Bonifacio and Wild Taiga.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: The Airports in Burgas and Varna reported over 800,000 Passengers in August
- » This year Trips From and To Bulgaria are Increasing compared to July 2022
- » Wizz Air reached 25 million Passengers in Bulgaria
- » Feces in the Sea: Up to 41 times above the norm is the Pollution on the Bulgarian Black Sea Coast
- » Chinese Tourists are Returning to Bulgaria and 70 other countries
- » Great Britain is among the Most Popular Destinations for Bulgarians this Summer