Euro Funds for Science, Education To Be Frozen Due To Irregularities Under Kuneva's Management
Operational Programme Science and Education for Intellectual Growth may be halted and intermediate payments have been frozen temporarily.
This became clear after an inspection of the programme by the European Commission in October 2016 which discovered several irregularities in its management.
This is why the EC has addressed Bulgarian authorities with a letter stipulating several recommendations. Unless, these are fulfilled, the programme will be terminated.
Interim Education Minister Nikolay Denkov has confirmed that such a letter has been received on Thursday evening.
Denkov has requested the resignation of the head of the managing body of the operational programme which is based at a department of the ministry – Tsvetana Gerdzhikova.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend