Walloon PM Says Bulgaria Should Quit EU
Wallonia's Minister-President has said Bulgaria should leave the EU, alongside other Eastern European countries.
It is "desirable" that Poland, Hungary, Romania and Bulgaria follow in the UK's lockstep, Le Monde [FR] quotes Paul Magnette, who heads the Belgian region's government, as saying.
After Brexit, there should be "a Polxit, a Hungarexit, a Romaxit, a Bulgxit," he has argued.
Magnette gained international fame in October by blocking the EU-Canada free trade deal for a long time before backtracking.
- » Bulgaria Takes Forward the Debate on the Future of the Common Agricultural Policy
- » South Pacific Regional Fisheries Management Organisation: Council Adopts New Rules
- » EU Priorities in the UN Food and Agriculture Organisation: Council Conclusions
- » North Sea Fisheries: Council Adopts Multiannual Management Plan
- » Aarhus Convention: Council Decision to Strengthen Access to Justice in Environmental Matters
- » Illegal Annexation of Crimea and Sevastopol: EU Extends Sanctions by One Year