Slovenia's PM: There Is New Migrant Route
Slovenia’s Prime Minister Miro Cerar has warned that there is a new route for illegal migrants who want to reach Europe.
“There is a new migrant route through the peninsula of Istria in the Adriatic Sea,” said Cerar during an informal meeting of the European Council which was held in Malta.
Slovenia was one of the countries which suffered during the huge migrant crisis in 2015 when over 1 million migrants from Greece, Macedonia, Serbia, Croatia and Slovenia passed along the so-called Balkan route on their way to Austria and Germany.
The Balkan route was closed by Brussels in March 2016.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The EC welcomes the Dialogue between the Prime Ministers of Bulgaria and North Macedonia
- » Austria Introduces Compulsory Vaccination
- » Roberta Metsola Elected as President of the EP on her Birthday
- » From 1 February: Green certificates over 9 months become invalid for travel in Europe
- » Germany with new rules for people arriving from Bulgaria
- » The Austrian government has presented a bill on mandatory vaccination against COVID-19