French Foreign Minister: Attack at The Louvre Is Terrorist Act
The attack at the Louvre is a terrorist act, stated French Foreign Minister Jean-Marc Ayrault.
Paris Prosecutor’s Office is already leading an investigation.
A French soldier opened fire after a man tried to enter the Louvre in Paris with suspicious luggage.
The area around the museum has been cut off.
An important operation related to public security is taking place, read an announcement of the French Interior Ministry.
Police forces confirmed fire was opened by one of the military patrols engaged in anti-terrorist protection.
The attacker was wounded but is still alive.
Another man with suspicious behaviour was also detained but released later.
According to sources, explosives have not been found in the luggage yet.
At the moment of the incident, there were about 250 people at the Louvre.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » A Greek Fighter Jet has Crashed in the Ionian Sea, the Two Pilots are Missing
- » European Commission: EU Member States can Finance the Fence along the Bulgarian-Turkish Border Themselves
- » Former NATO General became the New President of the Czech Republic
- » Austria and the Netherlands are "United in Opposition to Schengen Expansion"
- » Ursula von der Leyen: Strengthening the Bulgarian-Turkish Border is a Priority
- » Hungary to Veto EU Nuclear Sanctions against Russia