Steinmeier To Hand Over Post on January 27
Frank-Walter Steinmeier will hand over officially his powers as Foreign Minister to Vice Chancellor Sigmar Gabriel on January 27.
Steinmeier, who is a Social Democrat, was nominated as a candidate of the ruling coalition – CDU/CSU for president of Germany.
The elections will be held on February 12.
Steinmeier’s contender is the nominee of the Left Party – political scientist and expert on combating poverty Christoph Butterwegge.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Hungary and Poland are Against the EU's Plan to Reduce Gas Consumption
- » Romania expects Schengen Membership by the End of the Year
- » IMF urges Europe to Shift Energy Costs to Wealthier Consumers
- » The EU is preparing for an Escalation between China and the US
- » Germany is on the Brink of Recession
- » EU Ambassador: If North Macedonia Does Not Change the Constitution, the Accession Process Stops