Bulgaria's Average Wage 'to Top BGN 1000 This Year'
The national average wage will go beyond BGN 1000 in 2017, Vasil Velev, the head of the Bulgarian Industrial Capital Association (BICA), has said.
Bulgaria is also the country where incomes have grown at the fastest pace over the past 10 years compared to the rest of the EU, Velev has told the Bulgarian National Radio.
Incomes will also jump 5-6% this year, he has predicted.
National statistics suggested late last year the average monthly wage was BGN 937 at the end of 2015.
A member of the EU since 2007, Bulgaria, however, is also known as the bloc's poorest country.
The minimum wage is currently BGN 460, as of January 01.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Bulgarian-Greek Gas Connection was officially launched in Sofia (UPDATED)
- » Burgas Airport with a 70% increase in Passengers compared to 2021
- » Radev and Aliyev discussed Bulgarian Enterprises receiving Gas directly from Azerbaijan
- » Foreign Leaders will arrive in Bulgaria for the Opening Ceremony of the Interconnector with Greece
- » Europe is preparing for a Shut Down of Mobile Networks this Winter
- » What is EBRD's Economic Forecast for Bulgaria