Trump Moves to Withdraw from Pacific Trade Deal
United States President Donald Trum has signed an executive order that initiates his country's pullout of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP).
The TPP, a cornerstone of his predecessor Barack Obama's political doings, has never been ratified by the Congress whose members have given it a mixed reception.
It involves 12 countries and is aimed at boosting growth and forging closer economic ties.
Other actions in his first regular workday include a cut in funding to American aid groups providing or promoting international abortions and a freeze in hiring federal employees.
- » Mass Prison Break in West Papua - Police is Looking For 250 Prisoners
- » The US is Ready to Resume Direct Talks with North Korea on its Nuclear Program
- » 2019 Tourist Season in Greece is Extremely Successful
- » Trump Canceled a Planned Meeting with the Danish PM after She Said Greenland Is not for Sale
- » Fitch to Lift SEE Countries Credit Ratings upon ERM II, Euro Area Entry
- » Russia: U.S. Cruise Missile Test is Regrettable