Tens of Thousands Protest Against Amnesty in Romania
Tens of thousands of Romanians gathered to protest in Bucharest, reported Nova TV. They are against the plans of the government to release about 3,000 prisoners.
According to the ruling Social Democratic Party (PSD), Romanian jails are overcrowded and this is why thousands of people who have violated the law have to be released.
According to the protesters, however, this will give corrupt politicians the opportunity to avoid legal punishment.
Tension escalated further due to another proposal of the government - that abuse of office which has inflicted damages to the state below the amount of RON 200,000 (about EUR 44,000) be decriminalised, reported Reuters.
President Klaus Iohannis, who took part in the protest, demanded that the government change its intentions.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Dutch PM: If North Macedonia does not accept the French Proposal, Albania is Moving Forward Alone
- » 47 Police Officers Injured during a Protest in North Macedonia against the French Proposal
- » The Macedonian Arsonist from Bitola burned the French Proposal, 4 Policemen Injured in Anti-Bulgarian Clashes
- » Insults in Skopje against Bulgaria and the French Proposal
- » North Macedonia’s Foreign Minister: The Macedonian Language will become Official in the EU
- » Macron: I am Convinced that We Found a Compromise Solution for Bulgaria and N Macedonia