Sofia Prosecutor's Office Investigates Foreign Ministry Employees
Sofia City Prosecutor’s Office has started an investigation against senior employees of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, announced the state prosecution.
The prosecution is investigating the employees for abeyance and abuse of office over a contract for airplane tickets. The contract also includes hotel stays and medical insurance for travelling abroad. According to the investigators, instead of announcing a public procurement order, a contract was signed with a firm which serviced the Agriculture Ministry as well.
The damages to the Foreign Ministry are estimated at BGN 148,000. Employees at the ministry did not take advantage of the discounts and vouchers despite the fact that these were on offer.
The investigation must be completed within two months.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend